Based in South Devon, Integr8 UK is a not for profit social enterprise (*) that enables uprooted people (refugees, migrants and BAME people) of all cultures in the UK to belong and create a positive change in their own lives and the world.
To help people realise their true potential and develop the motivation, clarity, confidence, tools, skills, community and professional network they need to turn their visions and plans into action.
We believe that in living our purpose and sharing our diverse gifts we develop meaningful lives, enrich our communities and actively participate in the evolution of humanity.
We envision a world that is more conscious, compassionate, purposeful, prosperous, sustainable, empowering, diverse and inclusive.
- Enable uprooted people across cultures to realise their potential and purpose, and develop their inner capacity and skillset.
- Enable uprooted change makers across cultures to actualise their purpose and create positive change in the world
- Enable belonging, social integration and community cohesion
- Reframe migration
- Empowerment:We are constantly being given the choice to become who we truly are, yet wesometimesmiss this opportunity due to overwhelming life challenges or a primal need to fit in. We reminduprooted people of this choice by holding up a mirror to their potential and whole, authentic selves toenable them to take leadership of their lives.
- Possibility: When we refuse to be defined by adversity, we begin to see possibilities where previously there were none.Our work is about turning obstacles into a fuel for growth.
- Purpose: We live our purpose when we experience our uniqueness and share it with others. This enriches meaning in our life and the world around us. We enable uprooted people to uncover their unique gifts, actualise their purpose and create a better world.
- Belonging: We need to feel rooted in order to bring forth our gifts. Belonging is essential not only to our thriving but to our very surviving and safety, hence we emphasise creating spaces and opportunities where people feel truly connected to themselves, their community and the planet.
- Compassion: Without compassion neither humanity nor the planet can survive. We cultivate the spirit of compassion in all what we do in order to arouse it in others.
- Global Citizenship: Each one of us forms a piece of one grand continent called the human race. When we see ourselves as part of something greater we start tapping on a consciousness of unity than one of separation.
- Small Is Beautiful: Our approach favours impact over scale. We work with small groups over time to create spaces where deep and lasting transformation can happen.
- Sustainable Change: We take a long-term regenerative approach to change, balancing current world needs with those of future generations.
- Holistic: The word Integr8 is an invitation to come back to wholeness, hence we take a systems view and seek to understand and accommodate the needs of the whole person within the context of their culture and community. We broaden this further to help participants discover their role as citizens of the planet.
- Inclusive: To cultivate a true sense of community and belonging we create ‘neutral’ platforms where people can feel safe within themselves and with others, regardless of age, race, sexuality or social status. These spaces are facilitated to allow and celebrate a multiplicity of customs, while also making space for new ways of being together to arise.
- Collaborative: Together we are more than the sum of our parts. We are constantly looking for ways to cooperate with other organisations, networks and community groups. We see these co-creation and co-learning opportunities as a fertile ground from which a greater impact can arise.
- Innovative: A rapidly changing world requires new ways of thinking. All our programmesare designed to tap into the power of our individual and collective imaginations to inspire the creativity and courage we need to address our challenges.
(*) A not for profit social enterprise is a business which has a social or environmental purpose as well as a commercial purpose. It can make surplus that will principally be reinvested for that purpose in the business or in the community, rather than maximising profit for shareholders and owners.