- Ongoing: Helping participants to secure meaningful volunteer opportunities in local community organisations and receive weekly mentoring to stay on track .
- Partnering with Plymouth Guild
- 7th February: Join Plymouth University as a partner in their Displacement Studies Research Network
- 4th February: Running our 2nd community gathering at Darlington
- 3rd February: First CV writing workshop with Recreo
- 23rd January: Partnering with Give Back project to
- 7th January: Running our 2nd community gathering at Darlington: 49 people, 8 volunteers including 4 facilitators >>> Read full story here
- 15th October – 27th November 2016: Cross-cultural and personal development trainingSix weeks training at Open Doors International Language School in Plymouth and at Dartington Hall Trust. 11 participants took part from a range of countries including Eritrea, Sudan, Congo, Bangladesh, Kenya, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, England, Lebanon and Syria (Integr8 UK)
- 29th November
- 1st October 2016: Reunion eventEvent was attended by 28 refugees, asylum seekers and other UK residents at White House (Integr8 UK).
- September 2016: Food and Friendship fundraiser
The Ashburton Refugee Support Network has organised their second free entry, sit-down meal, speeches and live music event in Ashburton Town hall that was attended by 200 local people and refugees from Plymouth. Saif Ali founder of Integr8 UK was their keynote speaker for the second time to help raise around £1,300 for Refugee Support Devon for new Syrian families arriving in Devon under the government’s vulnerable persons relocation scheme (Ashburton Refugee Support Network)
- July – August; October – November 2016:Running the first Integr8 programmeFive weeks training at Open Doors International Language School in Plymouth and at Dartington Hall Trust. 10 participants took part from a range of countries including Somalia, Eritrea, Sudan, Congo, England, Lebanon and Syria (Integr8 UK)
- 13 – 22 May 2016: Open Arms FestivalIntegr8 UK and many other refugee support agencies took an active part in organising this event under the umbrella of the South Devon Refugee Support Network organised. This festival took place in and around Totnes in support of refugees and asylum seekers. The Open Arms festival raised funds for local refugee support initiatives, highlighted debates around the subject and showcased literature and music of exile and immigration from around the world.
- Officially renaming Embracing Refugees as Integr8 UK
- Partnering with ODILS
- March 2016: VigilIntegr8 UK was a key participant in this vigil organised by Citizen UK Totnes to mark the 4th anniversary of Syrian conflict
- Joining Plymouth VCSE
- February 2016: Induction Evening Integr8 UK organised this event in collaboration with Beyond Borders Totnes and District to raise awareness about the sensitivities that need to be addressed when it comes to supporting asylum seekers and refugees
- Launch of SDRSN
- 19th December 2015 : Thriving Together 2
An integration events that brought asylum seekers and refugees with other UK residents to connect and build social bridges Eden Rise – Totnes through fun activities, clay workshop, sharing food and music. This event was attended by 30 people from from different countries. (Integr8 UK)
- November 2015: Food and Friendship fundraiser in Ashburton Town Hall
The Ashburon Refugee Support Network organised this event to raise money for refugee charities Save the Children and British Red Cross. Saif Ali, founder of Integr8 UK was the keynote speaker at this event. It was attended by 160 people and raised £600.
- Partnering with REC
- 31st October 2015: Thriving Together 1
An integration events that brought asylum seekers and refugees with other UK residents to connect and build social bridges at Eden Rise – Totnes through a nature walk, art workshop, group meditation, fun activities and sharing food and music. This event was attended by 24 people from from different countries.