Identity: The Big Picture
This talk is suitable for
- Diversity and Inclusion conferences and events
- University students
- School and college students
- Explore the single and global identity of an uprooted person through the lens of purpose and belonging
- Increase understanding of the challenges faced by uprooted people (BAME, displaced and migrants) in the UK
- Challenge negative stereotypes and unconscious biases
- Cultivate spirit of empathy, compassion and global citizenship
- Think of practical solutions to create inclusive communities in the
“Saif’s talk was fantastic. His use of smaller group workshops combined with reflecting on his own personal and work experience helped bring the learning together to increase empathy and deeper understating around the topic of identity and uprootedness.
His bravery in sharing his personal story gave incredible insight on the individual challenges faced by uprooted people in the UK and his creative use of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs helped to zoom out and tackle the wider issue.
I would highly recommend Saif’s talk, thank you very much for sharing your life lessons with us.”
Plymouth Students for Global Health education secretary and international SCOPH liaison officer.
This talk is suitable for
Uprooted people who want to make a positive start in their lives yet lack the motivation and guidance. Uprooted groups include:
- BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people)
- Displaced (refugees and asylum seekers)
This self-discovery and motivational workshop spans over 4 half day sessions and is delivered by Saif Ali, founder of Integr8 UK, former refugee from Iraq, purpose coach and cross-cultural facilitator.
Using interactive activities, group discussions, personal reflections and motivational real life stories, Saif will help participants:
- Explore the fullness of their identity, purpose and place in the world
- Explore ways to navigate the challenges of uprootedness and develop a refined sense of belonging
- Create a roadmap with clear and achievable goals to move their life forward in line with their authentic selves, life vision and purpose
- Develop social confidence and meaningful connections with participants from diverse backgrounds
The workshops will be followed by 1-to-1 coaching sessions to help participants refine their discoveries and goals.
“These simple and creative activities in a friendly environment have dug very deep inside to remind us who we really are. We are not our situation because we didn’t have a choice in that. But we are people who have capabilities, skills, ambitions and lots more to offer for this world.“
“By the end of the session I started to notice that I forgot who I am, I forgot that I have skills, experience, qualifications, I even forgot that I’m a person. This workshop reminded me of all that.“
“This workshop certainly changed how I see myself, which by time can change how people see me.”