“A bundle of belongings isn’t the only thing a refugee brings to his new country. Einstein was a refugee” Source: UNHCR
This self-discovery, employability and integration programme is suitable for uprooted people across cultures, including refugees and asylum seekers, who want to start leading a purposeful life in the UK while doing work they are passionate about.
By addressing both the social (outer) as well as the personal (inner) dimensions of integration, this comprehensive programme will help you develop the motivation, clarity, confidence, skills, tools and network you need to start making a positive difference in your life and the world while doing work you are passionate about, as part of your new community.
You are qualified to apply for the programme if you:
- Identify as an asylum seeker, refugee or migrant
- Have a reasonable fluency in English (Entry Level 3 and above)
What Our Participants Say
“These simple and creative activities in a friendly environment have dug very deep inside to remind us who we really are. With every session I started to notice that I forgot who I am when I became an asylum seeker, I forgot that I have skills, experience, qualifications, I even forgot that I’m a person. This program certainly has changed how I see myself, which by time can change how people see me. We are not our situation because we didn’t have a choice in that. But we are people who have capabilities, skills, ambitions and lots more to offer for this world. I now know that my dream is to create a world that embraces justice and equality, and I want to use my natural abilities in communication, persuasion and critical thinking to link between multicultural organisations and help them promote diversity, equality and justice” – L.I.
By applying for the programme you will:
- Secure a place on our Integr8 Training: Through interactive activities, individual reflections, peer-to-peer and group discussions, fun games and challenges, this 5-day (once weekly) employability and self-discovery training will help you:
- Find motivation to make a meaningful and positive beginning in your life
- Increase your self-awaremnes
- Increase your self-confidence
- Find clarity on your career path and your role on it, so it aligns with your innate potential and life purpose
- Identify and develop your talents, skills and personal strengths
- Develop a purposeful entrepreneurial mindset that cares for society and the environment.
- Find clarity on your life purpose and the difference you are able to make in the world
- Uncover your leadership skills and style
- Develop pre-employemnet skills like:
- Working collaboratively in groups
- Effective planning and achieving real world results
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication with teams or individuals from different backgrounds
- Build work experience and increase your future employability
- Learn the skills and knowledge needed to navigate culture change and identity crisis
- Understand the British culture in the UK and how to adapt positively to working and living in the UK
- Build an impactful CV
- Meet new people and make friends
- Attend Our 2-day cross-cultural retreat: Situated in the beautiful estate of Dartington, this residential weekend will help you develop your confidence and intercultural skills to build social and cultural bridges with British people and others from different cultural backgrounds. Read full details about our cross-cultural retreats here.
- Receive career and purpose coaching: After finishing the personal development training and attending the retreat you will receive one-to-one coaching to help you:
- Identify the right career path that aligns with your life vision and the difference you want to make in the world
- Identify the right role for you on your career path that aligns with your innate potential and life purpose
- Create a career plan to help you take confident steps on your career journey
- Build a personal profile that is representative of your true potential. This can be a rich source to help you write a strong CV in the future
- Receive ongoing mentoring: You will also be allocated a mentor who will work with you over period of 3 months to help you:
- Secure meaningful work experience to help you develop your work skills and increase your confidence and your future employability.
- Secure job-related professional development courses to help you advance your job-related knowledge and skills
- Connect with our global, compassionate and inspiring community where you meet like-minded people and expand your social network
- Find motivation and encouragement to pursue your dreams and continue to progress
By the end of the programme participants will receive our Integr8 Certificate of Participation.
- Dates: Please contact us to learn about dates of the upcoming programme
- Address: To be confirmed
- Training duration: Each day is 7-hours long, starting at 9.15 am and finishing at 4.30pm, with many breaks and energising activities.
- Facilitator: The programme is facilitated by Saif Ali, founder of Integr8 UK, a qualified coach and group facilitator. You can read more about Saif Ali here
- Food & Drinks: There will be vegetarian meals, snacks and drinks available